Solved: My computer crashed after filing last year. I purc...

herbandcheryl196

My computer crashed after filing last year. I purchased TurboTax at BJ's and downloaded. How can I connect with turbo tax to get last years data?

bluedeb

When you use the CD/Download software your tax return is on the computer which you used to prepare your return.  TurboTax does not have copies of returns filed with the CD/Download version. 

If you don't have a .tax file of your prior year return, you cannot transfer information, you can just manually enter the information if the program asks for prior year information.

The following website has information on how to get prior year tax information.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/heres-how-to-get-prior-year-tax-information

bluedeb

DavidD66

If you used TurboTax Desktop last year to prepare your tax returns, your computer is the only place a copy of your tax return is saved, unless you saved it somewhere else.  Unlike TurboTax Online, we don't maintain returns prepared in the TurboTax CD/Download software on our secure servers.