Solved: My completed tax program shows a standardized dedu...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xtreme6mm

My completed tax program shows a standardized deduction of 30,597 which corresponds to 4 checked boxes for the married filing jointly, but I only see 2 boxes checked.

what is the reason the tax program used 4 checked boxes instead of 2 to calculate my std. deduction?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SweetieJean
Level 15

My completed tax program shows a standardized deduction of 30,597 which corresponds to 4 checked boxes for the married filing jointly, but I only see 2 boxes checked.

There is no USA Federal Standard Deduction of that amount.  Are you filing a Canadian tax return?  Or a USA state one?  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SweetieJean
Level 15

There is no USA Federal Standard Deduction of that amount.  Are you filing a Canadian tax return?  Or a USA state one?  

View solution in original post

xtreme6mm

USA   Line 12 of my completed  form 1040 shows $30,594.  I didn't input this, the TurboTax program calculated this?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings