geoffm3218

My company refunds basic economy airfare on international flights I pay for an upgrade to Business can I claim the difference on my taxes

I use a cpap and for trips to Phillipines I upgrade to have access to power outlet.

Yes. There is no requirement that you fly coach.  You can report your travel expenses in turbotax under work-related expenses.  There will be a question for non-taxable reimbursement.  Enter the amounts reimbursed by the company here.  The difference is what you can deduct as as additional deductible expense.  However, this is a miscellaneous itemized deduction subject to the 2% rule so your actual tax benefit will be reduced depending on your other tax facts.