• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smp2275
Returning Member

My common business expenses do not add up correctly. There is over a 400 dollar difference in figures with the program adding more than 400 dollars to the actual total

The software is not totaling the input correctly

3 Replies
CarolC
Level 6

My common business expenses do not add up correctly. There is over a 400 dollar difference in figures with the program adding more than 400 dollars to the actual total

If you are depreciating any assets, which you entered in a prior year, then the 2017 depreciation amount will be added to your total business expense deduction.  This may explain the increase in your expenses.

Common business items that are depreciated:  Buildings, vehicles, equipment, office furniture, computers, and tools used by the business.

See the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302228

devinerddbr
Level 1

My Common Business Expenses total is low by about $12,000 in both 2017 and 2018 tax years, and I don't think I am anywhere near a depreciation amount to account for that, and again, the TurboTax amount is SHORT of the correct total.

BMcCalpin
Level 13

If you wish to report a new problem (even if similar in nature to the existing thread), I would encourage you to make a new post rather than reply here, so that more members of the forum will have a chance to see it.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v