smp2275

My common business expenses do not add up correctly. There is over a 400 dollar difference in figures with the program adding more than 400 dollars to the actual total

The software is not totaling the input correctly

CarolC

If you are depreciating any assets, which you entered in a prior year, then the 2017 depreciation amount will be added to your total business expense deduction.  This may explain the increase in your expenses.

Common business items that are depreciated:  Buildings, vehicles, equipment, office furniture, computers, and tools used by the business.

See the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

devinerddbr

My Common Business Expenses total is low by about $12,000 in both 2017 and 2018 tax years, and I don't think I am anywhere near a depreciation amount to account for that, and again, the TurboTax amount is SHORT of the correct total.

BMcCalpin

If you wish to report a new problem (even if similar in nature to the existing thread), I would encourage you to make a new post rather than reply here, so that more members of the forum will have a chance to see it.