jmn2taxes

My client pays me a flat rate and I pay independent contractors from this fee. This same money is included as income on the W9 I receive my clients. Since it is a reimbursement and not income how do I apply this to my taxes so it doesn't count as income?

Hal_Al

It is income and included on line 1 of Schedule C (Gross receipts or sales). You then deduct, as expenses, what you pay your independent sub-contractors. The expense payments go on line 11 of schedule C. So, you will not be paying tax on that "income'', even though you are reporting it

Hal_Al