Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My bank did not give me a 1099-INT form when we sold savings bonds in 2022. There was $1022 of interest accrued. Where do I enter this taxable interest into Turbotax?

Do I enter the interest in box 3 as if I did receive a 1099-INT?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

My bank did not give me a 1099-INT form when we sold savings bonds in 2022. There was $1022 of interest accrued. Where do I enter this taxable interest into Turbotax?

If you have cashed paper savings bonds, you should have received a 1099-INT in the mail. If a financial institution pays the bond, you get a 1099-INT from that financial institution either soon after you cash your bond or by January 31 of the following year. Contact the bank regarding the Form 1099-INT. If you have online banking, the form may be downloadable from your account.

The interest on U.S. savings bonds should appear in Box 3 of Form 1099-INT. Enter Form 1099-INT in TurboTax under Wages and Income, Investments and Savings.

If you have a TreasuryDirect account, you must get your 1099-INT yourself from your account. See this treasurydirect.gov webpage for more information.

See also this TurboTax tips article for more information about Form 1099-INT.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you have cashed paper savings bonds, you should have received a 1099-INT in the mail. If a financial institution pays the bond, you get a 1099-INT from that financial institution either soon after you cash your bond or by January 31 of the following year. Contact the bank regarding the Form 1099-INT. If you have online banking, the form may be downloadable from your account.

The interest on U.S. savings bonds should appear in Box 3 of Form 1099-INT. Enter Form 1099-INT in TurboTax under Wages and Income, Investments and Savings.

If you have a TreasuryDirect account, you must get your 1099-INT yourself from your account. See this treasurydirect.gov webpage for more information.

See also this TurboTax tips article for more information about Form 1099-INT.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies