Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1099-DIV and/or 1099-INT doesn't have a state listed - Indiana should NOT be listed

On the My 1099-DIV and/or 1099-INT doesn't have a state listed help page it says: 

You can select More than one state and continue if you:
- Live where exempt-interest dividends from other states aren't taxed (District of Columbia, IN)
(emphasis mine)

However, when I go to complete my Indiana State Return -> Investments -> Interest on Municipal Bonds BOTH the Help page Interest on Municipal Bonds Outside Indiana[1] and the application page Interest on Out-of-State Municipal Obligations[2] tell me otherwise.

Additionally, Turbo Tax Review complained that the State (postal code) should be entered either for multiple states as XX or the form lists multiple states and amounts individually.

[1] "Any interest you received from a state or local government obligation outside Indiana is subject to Indiana tax and must be reported as Indiana income if the obligation was acquired after December 31, 2011"
[2] "We noticed that you received exempt interest from state obligations. Interest received on state or municipal obligations outside Indiana acquired after December 31, 2011 is not subject to tax in your federal return but is taxable in Indiana."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies