turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1099-b cannot be uploaded to turbotax and indicates the number of transactions is exceeded. what can I do

is there a way to upload a pdf copy of the form 1099-B rather than mailing
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My 1099-b cannot be uploaded to turbotax and indicates the number of transactions is exceeded. what can I do

@peresspine wrote:
is there a way to upload a pdf copy of the form 1099-B rather than mailing

No, you cannot upload a copy of your 1099-B, attach it as a PDF, and e-file with TurboTax.

Instead of the individual transactions you can submit a summary of the 1099-B.  This post has the step-by-step instructions to do that.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/1099-b-summary-or-det...

With many transaction, be aware that your category Box A or Box D sales without adjustments do not require Form 8949, so there is no reason to import or key in those transactions.
Instead use the "enter a summary" option to put your numbers on Schedule D Line 1a or Line 8a.

@peresspine 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies