Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

drtoll

MN resident with W-2G from ND

MN resident, received W-2G from ND in 2021

Using TurboTax to file ND state return, showed no monies due

Received Correction Notice from ND with balance due, along with penalty and interest

Does TurboTax support the ND Income Tax - Form ND-1? 

I was charged $50.00 to process this state return and it was calculated incorrectly.  

Looking to see if I can use TurboTax in 2022 for the same situation without repeating this experience.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MariaDG1
Employee Tax Expert

MN resident with W-2G from ND

Hello drtoll!  Thanks so much for participating in our event today.  I'm sorry to hear you had that unfortunate experience last season.   Turbotax does support ND returns, including Schedule ND-1NR, Tax Calculation for Nonresidents and Part-Year Residents.  However, multi-state returns tend to be a little tricky.  Its important to allocate income between the resident and nonresident state correctly.  When using Turbotax you should always do your nonresident state return first, and your resident state last.  Also watch for any messages indicating you may need to wait for forms to be ready.  If you file early in the season, we may not have received finalized forms from all the states yet.  Feel free to give us a call when you are working on your return.  Our experts would be happy to help you with your state returns.  If you're not feeling confident, you can get an expert review to look it over before you file.  Or you can even have us prepare your return for you with our Full Service option!  I do hope you have a better experience this year.  Best of luck. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies