turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missouri Form 2210

My Missouri return reflected a penalty as most of my income was in the fourth quarter.  I went through the interview process which guided me through the annualization process.  The MO Form 2210 says to "omit lines 14 through 19 and go directly to line 20" if you qualify for an exception, including annualization, but Turbo Tax completes these lines.  It also completes lines 20 and 23 to calculate the appropriate required payments using annualization, suggesting no penalty is due.  However, Turbo Tax appears to use line 19 (which shouldn't be completed and does not use the annualization exception) to calculate the penalty, still charging a penalty even though the exception (line 20 vs 23) suggests there is no penalty.  Following the same process for the Federal Form 2210 correctly removed the potential penalty.  Is this an error in Turbo Tax or am I missing something?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Missouri Form 2210

The MO 2210 will automatically do the short method. You have to go into the program and enter the annualization amounts to use the regular method. The program does have a spot to enter last year's tax liability for line 21 and that can change the tax liability. 

As you continue through the program, it will ask about exceptions and you can choose to fill in lines 14-19. Since those are the lines causing you trouble, delete those entries by going back in and removing the entries, then go back and select no exception applies to remove lines 14-19.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies