Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missouri Based LLC is included in California Tax Return

Hello:  I am using the Desktop version of TurboTax.  I lived in California until August of 2023 and then moved to Missouri.  I formed a Single Member LLC in MO in Oct of 2023.  As a new startup, the LLC has minimal Revenues and Minimal expenses.  My issue is that I cannot figure out how to keep the Single Member LLC from showing up on my California personal return.  On my State of California Return, it assumes that the LLC is a CA LLC and it is automatically computing that I owe $800 to the Franchise Tax Board for owning an LLC.

How do I keep the MO LLC from showing up on my California Return?  I don't live in CA and do not have any sales activities, sales, revenue or expenses that have anything to do with CA.

Please help me if you can.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

On your part-year resident CA return, be sure you allocated zero business income to California.  (On your Schedule CA (540NR), Section B, Line 3, Column E should be blank.)

If your LLC is not registered in CA and did no business in CA, the $800 fee would not apply.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Thank you Tom.  I will go look at those specific entries and report back.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies