Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dt1

Missing page for reporting ESPP compensation income not included on W-2

I am using the Turbotax premier Mac download product.

I acquired a few company shares via ESPP more than 2 years ago and sold those shares in 2022 (a qualifying disposition since it was sold 2+ years after grant date and 1+ year after purchase date). I was able to import these sales from my brokerage and follow the instructions from the "Was this a sale of employee stock?" prompt to enter the information from Form 3922 (dates and prices on grant and exercise) to adjust the cost basis of the shares.

When I clicked on "View sale summary and details", it showed me the long term gain as well as the compensation portion of these sales. There was a page that explained how the compensation income was the lesser of the discount or the profit from the sale.

However, I don't see the page that allows me to enter whether or not this compensation income was included on my W2. I have seen screenshots online and this shows up on a page titled "Your Employee Stock Plan Results" and asks "On your form W-2 (or pay stubs) from xxx, check that the following stock plan amounts were included in box 1 wages". Then there is a radio button allowing us to select whether "Is it on W-2".

Is this page only included on the "Home and Business" product? Is there another way to get at this page?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Missing page for reporting ESPP compensation income not included on W-2

I don't think you need that page to report your ESPP.  Just report it using the 1099-B for the brokerage and the form 3922 from your employer to report your beginning basis.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies