Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Randlet

missed filling taxes in 2023

I missed filing taxes in 2023, right now I'm trying to file taxes, but I am missing a 1out of 3 W2. fast forwarded I got a hold of my online wage and tax statement; my first question is how I can use this in place of W2 also when using the free tax software from IRS I tried using the wage and tax statement but that first question was employer EIN number. on the wage and income statement half of it it X'ed out. Also, how can I get another W2 without contacting my employer? will I face any penalties for not filling this year?

note: this is my first year filling myself-not being claimed

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

missed filling taxes in 2023

Also, how can I get another W2 without contacting my employer? will I face any penalties for not filling 

if you had the same employer in a prior year, filed a return for that year, and can access it, you should be able to get the EIN from that. If this is not the case, only your employer or the Social Security Administration can supply it. The employer is free. The SSA costs $126

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501  

if you are due a refund there are no penalties for filing late if you owe there are and there is also an interest charge. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies