Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MetLife Discount doesn't appear to be showing up

How much should the Premium version of turbotax cost for those of us under the Metlife legal plan? I have it showing up as costing ~$90 and deluxe is no longer showing up as free but ~$47. 

FWIW - I'd recommend that you make this clear in your advertisement in the future.  Saying turbotax is free for folks is very misleading for folks working at companies with stock awards and ESPP. Almost no one will qualify for basic as almost everyone will have 1099-SAs.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

You have to use the link from Met Life to get the discount.   From the event link here in the community:

REMINDER — TurboTax DIY products are included with your MetLife Legal Plan benefits!  As a MetLife Legal Plans member, you can: 

• Prepare and file one federal and one state tax return with any TurboTax do-it-yourself product at no additional cost
  • Work with a dedicated TurboTax expert to prepare and file your taxes at a discount
  • Access the TurboTax refund calculator, tax bracket calculator, planning checklists and other helpful tips

To access your MetLife Legal Plans benefits, visit https://login.legalplans.com/register to log in or create an account.  Then, under ‘Debt Matters,’ select ‘Tax Preparation & Filing’ to access your benefits.  Use the link from your Legal Plans account to access TurboTax - - the discount is automatic if you file from the Met Life Legal Plans link.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did all those things listed above and the discounts aren't showing.  To be clear, the deluxe edition was initially showing as free and then suddenly it wasn't.  Prices for Live expert also went up.  

Are you sure that Premium is also free to us even though it's a DIY product?  

Also, given I'm 15-20-hours into filing, how can I get this discount to transfer over?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

All versions of do-it-yourself ONLINE products are included..   It looks like you are using the desktop version (doesn't mean you are; I'm only guessing based on how your question appears), which is not included.   The DIY Premium Online is included, but you have to be logged into the account you used when you registered - and you have to start your return from your Legal Plans Benefits accounts that I linked above.     

The only way to get the discount is to go through Your Legal Plans Benefits link.  

@DawnC - Is there a way to get to the bottom of this? To be clear I don't have a turbotax application downloaded, so I don't think it's the desktop version, but not sure.  

Thanks for clarification, it's great to know that Premium is also included. To be clear, my understanding is it's only free for one federal and one state filing; however. Correct me if that's incorrect. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Yes, one federal form 1040 and one state return. If you needed a second state return, you would have to pay for that. If you are using Premium (not Premier), you are using the Online version. And if you use the link from the Legal Plans site, it will be free.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies