turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Massachusetts Schedule HC not showing up

I am using 2023 TurboTax Desktop for my Federal and Massachusetts tax filings. I was only a part-year resident in MA in 2023 and moved to Florida in March. When working on my MA tax filing as a part-year resident, I get to a screen that shows several topics, such as General Info, Health Care Coverage and Adjustments, and there is an Update button next to each to click on to take you to that section. When I click on Update for the Health Care Coverage section, however, nothing happens and I cannot enter any related information (all other Update buttons for other sections work). I am able to complete everything else for MA and the final state review shows no errors. But when I print out the MA tax return, no Form HC is generated. And when I go into the Forms view and look at the list of all MA forms included in my tax return Form HC is not listed. This form is required with my MA filing. How do I access and include this MA Form HC?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Based on the information you've provided, it doesn't appear you're required to file Schedule HC.

According to the Note under Part-year residents in the Schedule HC Instructions:

Part-year residents are not required to file Schedule HC if they were residents of Massachusetts for less than three full months.

Since you were a Massachusetts resident for less than three full months, it wouldn't appear you need to file the schedule.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Based on the information you've provided, it doesn't appear you're required to file Schedule HC.

According to the Note under Part-year residents in the Schedule HC Instructions:

Part-year residents are not required to file Schedule HC if they were residents of Massachusetts for less than three full months.

Since you were a Massachusetts resident for less than three full months, it wouldn't appear you need to file the schedule.

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies