Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JeffH505050
Returning Member

Massachusetts Schedule CB ("Circuit Breaker" credit for real estate taxes paid)

Massachusetts Schedule CB ("Circuit Breaker") is a credit for a portion of real estate taxes paid by seniors. TT is saying "You don't qualify for this credit because your Massachusetts adjusted gross income exceeds the $92,000 allowed to claim this credit."  When I did the paper schedule by hand, I qualify for the full credit.  My AGI is well below the limit.  Actually for this credit, Massachusetts adds certain income back in, to come up with a modified AGI.   This year I rolled over my 401K to a Traditional IRA.  I'm thinking maybe TT has incorrectly added this back in to that modified AGI, thus declaring that I don't qualify.   Both my Federal return and my state return correctly show that rollover as non-taxable.   Any ideas how to get TT to calculate the credit correctly?  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Jayrock
Returning Member

Ive been trying saying thats what happened and why i wasnt getting it since the first time i checked and it said that. 

JeffH505050
Returning Member

Are you saying that you've run into the same problem, or, have you found a solution?  Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies