turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Maryland Return Rejected: Maryland Pass-through Entity data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries for net decoupling modification. This value cannot be less than zero for electronic filing.

My husband and I file jointly and both have K-1s from the same company. I meticulously entered all information and checked everything over numerous times before filing.  All information for federal and state was entered and TurboTax did not identify any errors. Our federal return was accepted, but the state return was rejected. The description of error was "The Maryland state return could not be processed for electronic filing. Maryland Pass-through Entity data in in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries for net decoupling modification. This value cannot be less than zero for electronic filing." I spent hours last night reviewing the federal and state returns trying to figure out what the issue is and I cannot figure it out.  I see no entry that is "less than zero." Has anyone dealt with this issue?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Maryland Return Rejected: Maryland Pass-through Entity data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries for net decoupling modification. This value cannot be less than zero for electronic filing.

Here's a link to Maryland Form 500DM, with instructions, for decoupling provisions (differences between Federal and Maryland).

Some of these include:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you.  I looked at form 500DM and it is not at all helpful for a non-tax professional. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

We cannot see your return in this forum.  You may need Live assistance to help you with this issue.  Or you can print and mail your state return.

Sign into your TurboTax account (if you aren't already signed in). Once you're in, type Contact us in the Search bar. Select the Contact Us button from the results. Select the pencil icon to enter your question and select Let's talk.

@jkwiggins 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies