Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CrimsonK
Returning Member

MA Deleading Credit

I de-leaded my house purchased in 2023. From previous posts I know I have to attach both the letter of compliance and the MA Schedule LP to my state return and mail it in (can't e-file as a result), but in order to have the correct amounts on my Turbotax created return, where do I have to input the credit? Past posts have said the "business related non-refundable credits from a MA k-1 or transferred to you" but I also see the lead paint credit in the "non-refundable credits" section. I'm assuming I would only put it in one, but if the de-leading was done for my own house that is not a rental property, do I use one section over the other? Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

MA Deleading Credit

2023 Schedule CMS Instructions state that section 3 is for k-1 pass through. Since yours is not from a k-1, you would not use section 3. Section 1 is for nonrefundable credits not from a k-1.

2023 Schedule CMS: Credit Manager Schedule

Page 4 of the 2023 Form 1 Instructions

Increase to the Lead Paint Tax Credit Effective for tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2023, the maximum amount of the Lead Paint Tax Credit has been increased from $1,500 for each residential unit in which lead paint was deleaded to $3,000. 

In addition, the maximum amount of the credit for residential units in which lead paint was partially covered or removed has been increased from $500 to $1,000.

You need to include 2023 Schedule LP: Credit for Removing or Covering Lead Paint on Residential Premises

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies