Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dov

lost Disk

Hi

I lost my 2016 turbotax disk and my system disk (C) crashed. When I try to use turbotax it starts but gives me an error code because the C disk does not have the stuff turbotax wrote on it.

I have to redo 2016. Can someone send me the disk? I cannot use the online because the tax includes foreign deductions. Thanks  [email address removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

lost Disk

This is a  public Internet forum.  You shouldn't ask for people to send you anything, since you could end up getting scammed or personal info stolen.  It looks like the forum safety filter removed your email address above so it wouldn't be abused. 

What do you mean by "redo 2016?"   Was an original 2016 return ever filed?  If so, by "redo" do you mean you need to prepare an amended 2016 return?

Since you originally purchased the 2016 CD, you can ask TurboTax Support to provide you a download of the 2016 software in your account.

Or are you an Advantage member with an annual subscription?  If so, there may already be a download in your account at this link:
https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/app/downloads/

Otherwise, you can use the contact form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.   In the issue line say something like "lost 2016 CD and need 2016 software download"  without quotes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies