OLIVER864

Looking at deductions on the analysis summary over the past 5 years and 2018 'dropped" 13,000 or so but all my deductions were about the same, like something isn't incl?

This is the first year that I have had to pay both federal and state. Looking at the analysis summary for deductions I average about 37,000 in deductions for the past 5 years, but this year it was only 24,000, but I had all the same deductions... It's almost like Turbo Tax didn't include something in my deductions.

No more Personal Exemptions ( $4,050 per person for 2017.)

One of the major changes in the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 was to cap the SALT taxes (State And Local Taxes) to $10,000. Therefore if your income or sales tax, your real estate tax and any personal property taxes added up to more than $10,000, that amount was reduced. This has causes a lot of taxpayers to see big differences year over year.

Please see https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/individuals for a list of the changes.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing