Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OLIVER864

Looking at deductions on the analysis summary over the past 5 years and 2018 'dropped" 13,000 or so but all my deductions were about the same, like something isn't incl?

This is the first year that I have had to pay both federal and state. Looking at the analysis summary for deductions I average about 37,000 in deductions for the past 5 years, but this year it was only 24,000, but I had all the same deductions... It's almost like Turbo Tax didn't include something in my deductions.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Looking at deductions on the analysis summary over the past 5 years and 2018 'dropped" 13,000 or so but all my deductions were about the same, like something isn't incl?

No more Personal Exemptions ( $4,050 per person for 2017.)

One of the major changes in the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 was to cap the SALT taxes (State And Local Taxes) to $10,000. Therefore if your income or sales tax, your real estate tax and any personal property taxes added up to more than $10,000, that amount was reduced. This has causes a lot of taxpayers to see big differences year over year.

Please see https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/individuals for a list of the changes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies