Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GADragon

"look like we've' hit a snag - while attempting to complete income section

I use Fidelity Inv and download my 1099s.

I went through the dividend part fine (which still shows a "start button") and when I try to "update" the sales part it gives me the looks like .." message and "Please revisit last topic".  Well not sure what "last topic" is, but I went back to Dividend and all looks well.  

This may be due to a bug involving this:

I originally had this all filed out correctly and then Fidelity sent me a "corrected" 1099 in the last few days.

So I went into the program, deleted the account under Dividend which was going to be replaced.

I cannot recall where it was gone at the time from Sales, but I believe so.

I then downloaded JUST the account (which had two pieces in the download, not labeled as such but obvious from the dollar amounts).

I went back to the Dividend part and answered all the questions, then Done, then tried to go to the Sales part and that is when I received the error which I cannot get past.  

I have put hours in the whole form already and will be quite disturbed if I have to start all over again, because everything was completed before I got the corrected 1099.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Sounds like your computer may be experiencing a loop.  Let's clear your cookies, history and cache' then reboot.

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You could try deleting all the Fidelity account related income items and rerunning the import on all Fidelity accounts again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies