Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Long Term Care Premiums not transferring to WI LTC Worksheet and hence to Schedule SB - Common Error

The Long Term Care Insurance premiums are not being filled in on Wisconsin Returns, at least not for the 2021 tax year as of 2/20/2022.   

My LTC premiums appear correctly on my TT 1040 schedule A Line 6 as entered, but this amount is NOT being carried over to TT WI SB Line 7.  If I "zoom" from SB Line 7 to TT "Long Term Care Insurance Worksheet" for 2021, line 1on that worksheet is blank.  If I right click on that to  "Data Source" it points to a "Data Source" dialog that shows  "LTC Insurance Worksheet Line 1, and indicates it is "From the federal return, Long Term Care insurance amounts.".

Of course, I can "Override" it - but my experience in the past is that so doing either generates errors or prevents electronic filing.  

[Edit: This was MY ERROR.  I incorrectly entered the LTC insurance premiums as LTC expenses.  After fixing that - and clearing the override it was fine.

[Note that if you select a field and right click -> override it, that override "sticks" EVEN IF YOU DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies