Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Spjutulf

Lack of form 8621 - No longer Using Turbotax

Hello,

I want to add some feedback that Turbotax lost me as a customer after I had used the service for eight years. The refusal to add support for form 8621 for e-filing is a huge dealbreaker. Looking into the forums, the answer has always been that it is a complicated form or rarely used.

It does not seem to be the case, as the question is always asked yearly. As you are required to file this form to  avoid penalties and add potential additional tax due to mark-to-market elections.

Having you print the entire return, which also means the state return needs to be printed, and mail the return in with tracking to confirm receipt by the Tax Authorities is a huge drawback to what is otherwise a very straightforward and easy-to-use software.

There is other software on the market, that is not only targeting the expat market, and allows you to electronically file your return with this form. So it seems like a very easy way to add the support and retain your customers instead of pushing your loyal clients away.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies