Solved: Keeps asking for information about unemployment compensation. I did not receive any unemployment compensation.

Keeps asking for information about unemployment compensation. I did not receive any unemployment compensation.

Program will not let me efile. Keeps asking for information about unemployment compensation. I did not receive any unemployment compensation. I have checked the box in the program that I did not receive any unemployment compensation. Keeps telling me I must supply employer information, etc. How do I get around this?

You should check and see if there is a form 1099-G listed in your tax return documents and delete it. Follow the directions below to view the documents in your return and delete your 1099-G.

1. Log in and click take me to my return (unless already in).
  2. Click Tax Tools from the left-side menu.
  3. Select Tools from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click the Delete A Form hyperlink and select Delete beside Form 1099-G.