Solved: Keeps asking for information about unemployment compensation. I did not receive any unemployment compensation.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps asking for information about unemployment compensation. I did not receive any unemployment compensation.

Program will not let me efile. Keeps asking for information about unemployment compensation. I did not receive any unemployment compensation. I have checked the box in the program that I did not receive any unemployment compensation. Keeps telling me I must supply employer information, etc. How do I get around this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 4

Keeps asking for information about unemployment compensation. I did not receive any unemployment compensation.

You should check and see if there is a form 1099-G listed in your tax return documents and delete it. Follow the directions below to view the documents in your return and delete your 1099-G.

1. Log in and click take me to my return (unless already in).
  2. Click Tax Tools from the left-side menu.
  3. Select Tools from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click the Delete A Form hyperlink and select Delete beside Form 1099-G.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 4

You should check and see if there is a form 1099-G listed in your tax return documents and delete it. Follow the directions below to view the documents in your return and delete your 1099-G.

1. Log in and click take me to my return (unless already in).
  2. Click Tax Tools from the left-side menu.
  3. Select Tools from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click the Delete A Form hyperlink and select Delete beside Form 1099-G.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings