Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aE
Level 3

Keep getting error on K-1: "Foreign income has been entered for more than one type"

I keep getting this error message even though foreign income has not been entered for more than one type.  I literally just entered in the number and the one country from schedule K-3, Part II, line 24. Won't let me finish the Federal portion!

"Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships: Foreign gross income - Passive category (Line F) : Use separate K-1 worksheets to report more than one type of foreign gross income sourced at the entity level."

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Keep getting error on K-1: "Foreign income has been entered for more than one type"

I'll page Champ @pk for this. Please check back later.

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@aE ,  without more info on your  exact situation , I cannot duplicate the scenario to see TubroTax is giving you trouble.   Nor can I see your  computer screen.

Please may I request that  you  provide me the following info at least:

1. K-3 all filled boxes  -- please no personally identifiable  information.  ( just Box number  ( line and col ) and the  filled amount ). This will allow me to simulate the worksheet in TubroTax.

2. your own filing status

3. which foreign country are we talking about.

I will circle back once IO hear from you .   I am assuming you are  a US Person ( citizen/GreenCard/ Resident for Tax Purposes ), the partnership is a US entity  that has both domestic and/or foreign investments.. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies