Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

k1 20Z Federal review issue

When I do my Federal review so I can file my taxes I get the following error message.

"Sch K-1 Wks Partnership box 20 code Z has been selected but no section code 199A income has been entered on statement A" This is makes no sense since I have entered a number in the K-1 for my 20Z entry. I have 7 K-1's and four of them give me this error message and 3 don't and they all have 20Z entries. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Did you continue past the last box entry for Schedule K-1? Return to the K-1 Summary page and edit the K-1 with Section 199A information. 

1. Leave the amount box blank for Box 20 Code Z.
  2. Continue answering the interview questions until you get to the We see you have Section 199A income screen. Select the source of ‌income and Continue.
  3. Check any applicable boxes on the We need some information about your 199A income screen.
  4. Only enter amounts from your Section 199A Statement, not any of the other boxes on the K-1 form. When you check the box next to a line, an additional box will open where you can enter the amount from your Section 199A Statement for that line.
  5. Select Continue and you’ll see the Let’s check for uncommon adjustments screen. Enter value(s) on Statement A that need to be changed and/or any business income received from a specified agricultural or horticulture cooperative on Statement C.

Now run SmartCheck again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the advice. I was able to fix the problem.  Turns out I entered some of numbers in the wrong box and when I entered them in the correct box the error messages went away. I wish Turbotax would find a fix for the K-1 form 3468 issue. When I attempt to file my taxes I get a message about having to enter some data in the form and the form does not really apply to my tax situation. I have tried deleting the 3468 form but it just reappears. Somebody recommended deleting the K-1 and then reentering the data but I am concerned that I might lose any loss carryovers I have.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, you would need to re-enter the carryovers if you delete the K-1. You have the option to omit Code AJ entries if they don't apply to your situation (see your other post for more info) - this is the source of the Form 3468 errors.

This question has been asked and answered several times. What's missing is that you MUST BE in the step-by-step view. You can't do this (SFAIK) in the forms view.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If you're using TurboTax for Desktop, you can use Forms Mode to access the schedule K-1 worksheet (called K-1 Partner) and enter the Statement A information manually in Section D1. The entries are easier in Step-by-Step, but you can make the entries directly.

@blearyeye 

It seems what I need is form "K1P Addl Info 1" to cover K-1 box 20.  This does not show up in forms view if I create a new K-1.  To get the K1P it appears that I must use step-by-step.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax for Desktop using Forms Mode, you can trigger the Additional Info worksheet from K-1 Partner. Scroll down to Line 20 and click the QuickZoom box for Code Z Section 199A.

@blearyeye 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies