turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K-1 Income not showing up on tax return

I have other income reported to me on box 11, code ZZ from a k-1.   Two line items make up the income for the code ZZ amount.  The first number  is an ordinary loss which is suppose to go to Schedule E, Part II column (i).  The second item is business dividends which is suppose to go to form 1040, line 3B.  However, after entering each code ZZ number, TurboTax did not ask for more detail on what this other income is.  These numbers did not flow through to my tax return.  How do I get TurboTax to put the box 11, code ZZ numbers on the appropriate tax form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I believe this is a Turbotax bug because many items, including 11ZZ, require additional input but Turbotaxx is not offering a new screen or even a dropdown to enter this additional information. in 2022 there was a new screen to enter this additional info.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I believe this is a Turbotax bug because many items, including 11ZZ, require additional input but Turbotaxx is not offering a new screen or even a dropdown to enter this additional information. in 2022 there was a new screen to enter this additional info.

@Mike9241 @MAC18  This post shows up as "solved" but I don't see a solution? Did you guys get this problem fixed?

I am having the exact same problem with k-1 box 11, code zz. It used to be code I until this year, and it seems like TT didn't correctly adjust. For 10 years I have been entering my K-1, Box 11 and it would always populate a follow up screen where you could enter the additional info from your k-1 in order for the numbers to transmit to your return. That's not happening now.

My workaround for this problem was to enter a second copy of the same k-1 in TurboTax.  For the items in 11 ZZ, I simply entered them in TurboTax on the line items where I know they would get to the correct form.  For example, for the ordinary income number included on 11 ZZ, I entered it on box 1.  For the dividends in 11ZZ, I entered this number on in box 6a.  TurboTax needs to fix this issue so that it ask for additional info when entering the numbers for line 11 ZZ

Thanks @MAC18 . It is pathetic that TT has so many bugs that this is what it has come to. Did you report this bug to them? 

No I did not.  I have no idea how to report a bug.  I have a few other bugs to report as well.  How do I report a bug?

@MAC18 Call them. I already spent time on the phone with them about their refund monitor glitch, and now I'm going to have to call about this bug. The more calls they get, the better. Maybe they'll actually fix them...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies