turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

k-1 Box 11 Code S

I have  k-1 income reported to me on box 11, Code S.  The income consists of short and long term capital gains.  After entering the income for this box and code, TurboTax does not put the income on Schedule D.  I have no idea why this income does not appear on boxes 8 and 9a of the k-1 (short and long term capital gains).  How do I get TurboTax to put the box 11, code S income on schedule D?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

k-1 Box 11 Code S

[MODS] partnership k-1 issue with Turbotax. 11s (along with 11zz)  requires a sub-entry to denote it as either short-term or long--term. but a new screen or drop-down does not appear.  easy workaround for me because I use desktop. not sure there is any workaround in online. Why is there no dropdown or new screen for k-1 entries requiring more detail? there was in 2022.

k-1 Box 11 Code S

It seems like the only workaround for me is to take the capital gains in Box 11 S and add them to the amounts already in boxes 8 and 9a (short and long term capital gains).  TurboTax should be asking for more detail regarding the amounts in Box 11 S and 11 ZZ so the numbers can flow through to the correct tax form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies