Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I click on "Rebates/refunds paid?"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Its found in the Business Income section of TurboTax Self Employed, but the steps are a little out of order than what you would expect.  When you first set up your business information, you will then proceed to enter the income.  You will then be prompted to enter expenses.  After entering the expenses, you will have to go back to the Business Summary screen and click "Add Income" (see screenshot).  Now, you will see an additional line item for "Rebates/Refunds" (see screenshot) that likely wasn't there the first time through when you entered the income.

No answer here.  I think there is a bug in the software.

When you say no answer ... are you not seeing the actual answer above .. or are you not seeing the steps provided in the answer?  Also, have you already entered your Schedule C Income and Expenses or have you not started that yet?

Hello Anthony.  I already entered my Income and Expenses days ago.  I just can't get the Rebates/Refunds Paid button to show up, no matter what I try.  I've been doing computers for 30 years, so I am not a newbie!

Have you tried maybe logging in under a different web browser and/or clearing cookies, cache, etc?  Maybe that will help trigger the system to respond  - esp using a different browser.

Also, are you at least seeing the two screens in my screenshots above - the one that shows Add Income and then one with the details?  I assume your details screen isn't showing the Rebates portion after you click Add Income like I have highlighted?  

You are not wrong that this is an unnecessarily difficult thing to find - it doesn't show up the first time through the income section, but when you go back through it should show then.  In the desktop program, it shows directly on the screen from the beginning.  I did just double check and tried it again and its "working" for me (doesn't show the first time but then shows second time through) - I am using Chrome but have a MAC.

One other thing - if you entered your business income through the 1099-MISC selection in the personal section instead of the Business Income and Expenses section, the income would get transferred properly to Schedule C still but you might not get the same screens.  If you did this, use the search function for "Schedule C" (make sure you click Take me to my return first after logging in)  and click Edit next to the business that shows on that Business Summary Screen.  Then, go through and hopefully, you would see the Add Income button and then the Rebates after you click add Income.

New password, different computer, MIcrosoft browser instead of Chrome.  Tried it on my phone as well.  Yes, the details screen is still not showing the rebates portion.  I also entered my information in the Business Income and Expenses section.  Very frustrating that I can't file today.  Time to go back to the desktop version.  If I have to start over I might as well just go get the disks from Costco.  Meanwhile the automatic call back system at TurboTax dropped my phone call three times, and on my fourth attempt, they aren't calling back.  I've been using Turbo Tax for a quarter of a century at least.  Baa!

I was going to recommend you call phone support as they have more diagnostic tools then we do here - they can view your screen in real time and try to help walk through issues.  Hopefully, you have received a callback.  If you do decide to just make the switch to the desktop, you won't have to start over.  You can use these two articles below to transfer your work from the online to the desktop.  One article is the overview on how to transfer and one article is the specific steps to save a .taxfile on your computer.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302260">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302260</a>

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300420">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300420</a>

I have the same problem and cannot find rebates. Been with customer support for 2 days now and still have not found it. Should I just go and buy a desktop version and start all over again?

They finally gave me a free download, because they finally figured out that they were dealing with a bug.  Their tech support system is horrible.  Dropped calls, and absolutely no communication between people. Also, a new case number every time you call.  The only positive thing I can say, is that the people were friendly.  This bug is now documented there, but obviously, nobody knows about it.  I suggest you get back on the phone and tell them it's a documented system bug, and demand a free download, and support to save your tax file on your computer, so you can then load it back into the downloaded version.

Thank you. They finally agreed its probably a bug and gave me a download version of the software. I spent hours with at-least 3 agents on 3 separate calls and they tried really hard to find it. Am really surprised that the Product team does not update their own customer support with known bugs. This would save so much work & effort. Must I must admit the customer support agents were really nice and went out of their way to help me out.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies