Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It will not let me change the zip code for Maine to MA and this stupid site has ME and says the zip code isn't correct 02090 for MA It's not letting me file

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It will not let me change the zip code for Maine to MA and this stupid site has ME and says the zip code isn't correct 02090 for MA It's not letting me file

@ kathyhulin wrote:  "It will not let me change the zip code for Maine to MA and this stupid site has ME and says the zip code isn't correct 02090 for MA It's not letting me file"

That's not completely clear, and it's not known what particular form or screen you are referring to.  TurboTax has several places where an address might be required.

Although the statement is confusing, I'll go ahead and assume the correct address is supposed to be for Massachusetts.  MA is the abbreviation for Massachusetts, and 02090 is a Massachusetts zip code.    So I'll assume "Maine" has nothing to do with it, so I don't know how Maine (ME) even came up.  

In any case, TurboTax can say something is wrong with the "zip code", even when a zip code is correct if there is actually something else wrong in the address, such as the wrong town or a problem with the street.   So in addition to the abbreviation MA, check all other items in the address.

Be sure you are not using any punctuation in the address.

Look up the official address at the USPS website to see the correct USPS styling for the address:

https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm

You have to go back to whatever screen where you originally entered that address, and change it there. For example, to edit the W-2, go to Federal > Wages and Income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies