Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AMTELIND

It seems that turbotax insists that I "could be claimed as a dependent by someone else in 2020", which i don't, how can i fix the worksheet ?

the worksheet has Item F "could be claimed as a dependent by someone else in 2020" marked yes and grayed out. how can I switch to no ? I already checked my personal info. and made sure I am not a dependent on anyone else.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

It seems that turbotax insists that I "could be claimed as a dependent by someone else in 2020", which i don't, how can i fix the worksheet ?

In 2020 or 2021?

Can you give us a screenshot of this? Be sure to redact any personally identifiable information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
AMTELIND

this is 2021.

so I think I fixed it myself.  sorry I don't have a screenshot anymore. 

during my Federal Filing, around the question to determine whether my state tax refund is taxable. either I typed in the wrong answer, or somehow the question eluded me. my filing status later in the "state and local income tax refund worksheet" is yes to the question "can someone else claim you as a dependent in 2020". there is no easy way for me to fix it for days. I had to redo the whole federal tax to find out that there is a question "can your parent claim you as dependent", so I clicked no, this time, the filing went through.

it would be nice to link back to the original section where the sheet is calculated. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies