Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It is my spouse and I's first year to file jointly. I began filling out my account, but we inevitably filed on his. Will starting my taxes on my account be an issue now?

We did not know that you did everything on one account until he submitted his taxes and I received a notification for "suspicious activity" since my information was being used on his account as well. After his return was approved, we were able to amend his federal return, add my W-2, and are now waiting for a response. I just want to make sure that my now pending tax filing on my account will not flag an issue since my taxes have now ultimately been filed elsewhere. If anyone has any experience or insight, I would appreciate it!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

It is my spouse and I's first year to file jointly. I began filling out my account, but we inevitably filed on his. Will starting my taxes on my account be an issue now?

if you haven't filed your return, no harm no foul.  The IRS does not know that it exists. The amended return may take a long time to process since it seems it was amended before the original was fully processed. if you're due a refund it may take longer than the norm of 6 to 8 weeks. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies