Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TRK2548
Returning Member

Issues with 2024 Estimated School District Tax and generating paper vouchers (Ohio)

I correctly entered my 4 quarterly Ohio school tax installment payments from 2023 in "Local estimated taxes for 2023". I had no carryover from 2022. I do not have school tax withheld from a W2.

Q1: When I go to run my 2024 estimated school district taxes (District #2102) it labels the amount I paid in 2023 as an "overpayment". Why?

Q2: I want to make estimated school tax payments for 2024 based on my 2023 Ohio taxable income, but no matter what I enter it says I'm "not required" to make estimated payments for 2024 and therefore refuses to generate any vouchers. What is triggering this determination?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TRK2548
Returning Member

Issues with 2024 Estimated School District Tax and generating paper vouchers (Ohio)

** UPDATE

I got it to work by MANUALLY entering my 2023 Ohio modified adjusted gross income at the start of the school tax calculations. The box was empty so I ran my state return in order to get the correct amount to enter. Shouldn't this amount have been pre-filled?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies