Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tjwolf

Is TurboTax Business EVER going to come to Mac?

Now that Apple has moved all of its computers to Apple Silicone, the lack of a TurboTax Business for macOS is becoming really concerning.  For 10+ years now, I've used Parallels Desktop and a Windows 10 virtual machine once a year to do my business taxes with TT Business.  But with Apple's move away from x86 now complete, I'm not sure what I'll do next year.  My current Mac is getting long in the tooth, but I don't know if I want to risk running TT Business in a Windows ARM VM, hoping that Microsoft's x86 emulation works flawlessly at that critical time of  year.

It's really hard to fathom Intuit's unwillingness to support macOS (or is it ineptitude?).  I mean, I understand that macOS, decades ago, been a small market and an even smaller one for the Business edition of TT.  But now it's a major PC vendor.   And if Intuit doesn't think the macOS PC market isn't big enough for TT Business, at least consider bringing it out for iOS!  I'd be willing to do those taxes on an iPad!

Help us out Intuit - do something for macOS (or at least iOS) users!  Many of us aren't willing to leave our tax info on your web site - i.e. do our taxes 'online'.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Is TurboTax Business EVER going to come to Mac?

This request has been made each and every year for almost forever.

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a large enough market for Intuit to develop a Mac verion of the product. In fact, there does not appear to be a large enough market for any company that develops income tax preparation software to develop a Mac version for business tax returns since none exist.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies