Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

QPM
Level 2

"Is this return impacted by inaccurate TY21->TY22 conversion?"

When going through review, TT prompted me with the above question and prepopulated "Y".  After 6 hours on the phone and finally getting with a CPA I think I am supposed to use the 2021 regular tax capital gain loss for these numbers because I do not have an AMT worksheet.

However, a TT expert advised me to use 2022 numbers, and here on the forum another expert says that if you didn't have the AMT form to use zero:

"During review, Turbotax said I need to review a section no Capital Loss Carryover. Turbotax automatically selected "yes" for the question "Is this return impacted by inaccurate TY21->TY22 conversion?" and wants me to enter a couple values from my 2021 and 2022"

Do to this TT error in calculating 2022 numbers I was prompted to manually enter the correct numbers. TT expert advised me to use the 2022 numbers, so I did and I filed. I was still unsure about this procedure so finally go through to a CPA who advised me to use the regular tax number from 2021, so now I have to amend my return. I do not want to have to do this twice. Multiple users are on this forum and on reddit with the exact same issue. Can TT please advise us on how to correct this, and also please explain how/why it happened and sent a bulk communication to those affected?

Many people are very frustrated and have spent a long time trying to figure this out; can we please get a definitive answer from a qualified individual as to the proper way to handle this issue when filling out 2023 numbers?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies