Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is this email legit? turbotax (at) em2 (dot) turbotax (dot) intuit (dot) com

I submitted my taxes and I got accepted emails from TurboTax about both of federal and state a few days ago. But, I got this email from "[email address removed]" and it says: 

Action Required: Follow these instructions to file your return

We’re reaching out to you because you may have hit a snag when filing with TurboTax. We’re truly sorry that you encountered this. In order to get past the issue and continue to file, you have two options: you can file electronically but you will need to clear your return and start over, or you can keep your current return but you will need to print and mail it in.

Option 1: Clear & Start Over and E-file

In order to electronically file, you’ll need to follow the steps below to Clear & Start Over. This will clear your return and require you to start from the beginning. When signing in to the link provided, you’ll find a 20% discount automatically applied upon checkout for the inconvenience.*

Please follow these steps:
  1. sign in to TurboTax using this link, open or continue your return
    1. You must use this link for the discount to be applied upon checkout
  2. Select Tax Tools from the left menu, then Clear & Start Over
  3. Answer Yes to confirm
  4. Start your return over
Here’s a short video demonstration if you’d like to view the steps above.

Option 2: Print and Mail

If you elect to Print and Mail, you can keep your existing data and will not need to clear your return and start over. When signing in to the link provided, you’ll find a 20% discount automatically applied upon checkout for the inconvenience.*

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this issue might have caused. If you have already filed, please disregard this notice.

Thank you for being part of the TurboTax family.

Warm regards,

The TurboTax Team

I didn't hit the link in the email. I logged in my Turbotax account and the website says my taxes are accepted and there is no notification that I should re-do my taxes. Is this email fraud or legit? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Your post has been called to the moderator’s attention.

ee-ea
Level 15

@ChickChicken   I got this from a Moderator;

Confirmed this is legit and sent out to those still in review. May have been sent prior to them submitting their return and they didn't see it until now or it was delayed, or if they used their email for a new account this year. If their return has already been accepted, no additional action would be needed on their end.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies