Sandyjb555

Is this a "side job" or a "business"? Which to choose?

I have a vendors license and I might sell a few pieces of artwork a year. So yes it is a business and I file a Schedule C every year even though I sell very little. Should I choose that this is a "side job", or this is a business? Because I don't do much with it. First time filing my own taxes. Just didn't know which to choose or why?

AnthonyC

You can go ahead and select business as it is a business.  But, it really doesn't matter which one of those options you select - the program will ask the same questions and the reporting will be the same (Schedule C).  

The only difference might come later on in the expenses section where the program will highlight certain expenses if you select business.  All of the possible expenses will show either way - the program just tries to highlight the most likely you are going to need first in the order of expenses based on your job description and answers to some of those earlier questions.