Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ebrodbine

Is the update available for the Reject Code 8960_Hold? Is this a TurboTax update? how do I download/update?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Is the update available for the Reject Code 8960_Hold? Is this a TurboTax update? how do I download/update?

Rejection Code 8960_Hold should be fixed and the program updated by the end of today, March 28, 2019.  If you are using TurboTax Online, the update will happen automatically when you sign out and back into your account.

If you do not want to wait for an update, you have the option to paper file your tax returns as this is only an e-filing issue.

Once the update has been made, this TurboTax FAQ will be updated as well to announce that the issue has been resolved: E-File Reject Error 8960_hold.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Rejection Code 8960_Hold should be fixed and the program updated by the end of today, March 28, 2019.  If you are using TurboTax Online, the update will happen automatically when you sign out and back into your account.

If you do not want to wait for an update, you have the option to paper file your tax returns as this is only an e-filing issue.

Once the update has been made, this TurboTax FAQ will be updated as well to announce that the issue has been resolved: E-File Reject Error 8960_hold.

kkenkel1

Will the announcement be prominent and easy to find? It took a bit of digging to realize there are a whole bunch of us unable to file our taxes through no fault of our own.

has this update been made?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies