kjwf1974

Is the issue with 1099 R import from Merrill Lynch fixed for 2017?

AshleyHLO

We have not received any reports of being unable to import from Merrill Lynch for the current tax return year. 

b-violette

@TurboTaxAshleyHLO this appears to be an issue for me. I have a workplace brokerage account through Merrill Lynch's benefits.ml.com portal. Is it possible that the login for this portal is not the same as the ones available through MyMerrill or Merrill Lynch's regular sites?
kjwf1974

Good question, are you able to access the website with the login? If so, TT should also be able to IF it is working this year. Last year was a nightmare with importing anything from ML. I was told repeatedly that TT was aware, it would be fixed etc. Spent hours--literally--with TT and ML and they couldn't fix it. I was able to download on another online tax site without a problem but found it cumbersome.  I had to purchase TT and download to finish. Guess based on your experience, that's what I should do again this year.