The MAGI used by the Marketplace is counted before the deduction of Self-employed Health Insurance.
Please read this Marketplace document on what's included in MAGI.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
According to the IRS, your MAGI is your AGI with the addition of the following deductions, if applicable:
- Student loan interest.
- One-half of self-employment tax.
- Qualified tuition expenses.
- Tuition and fees deduction.
- Passive loss or passive income.
- IRA contributions.
- Non-taxable social security payments.