Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Code R0000-058-01 I believe refers to Form 7206 still not accepted in efile.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

124 Replies

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

form 7206 according to Turbotax should be available for e-file.

however, other sources say the reject code is due to trying to attach a PDF to the return. Turbotax has no provision to allow this.

what is the exact rejection message so we can help further if needed. Online does not offer Turbotax support. 

Mike,  Form 7206 is handles health insurance for self employed.  The document is generated by turbo tax when you answer the questions regarding self insured.  I have received notification from turbo tax that the form cannot be efiled until on or after March 8.  I have heard from a friend that uses H&R block that she received the same notification and H&R block is saying March 1.  I have not physically attached any PDFs to my return.

I received the same error today.  Spent 1.25 hrs on the phone with Turbotax Tech support. Was escalated to Level 2 and then Level 3.  They said the error doesnt make sense. They had me delete the 7206 form and reenter it  but that didnt help and I got the same error again.  Will try them again tomorrow and see if they can figure it  out.

Note:  I am using the desktop version of Home and Business

I am getting error R0000-058-01 as well.  Never had any issues in previous years, and I believe I did not do anything different.  I am thinking this is a TurboTax issue and not an us issue.

The email notifying me of the error states

"R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file."

While the desktop software states 

"An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.  Data in the return is missing or invalid and cannot be electronically filed at this time.  If Form 7206(s) are in the return, review the form(s) for accurate and errors.  If the form(s) is attached in error delete it and resubmit the return for electronic filing.  If necessary, make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically.  However, if the reject continues, file this return via U.S. Mail, print this federal return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center."

I believe the form is correctly filled in.  I do not think there were any attachments that I added to my personal return (I did for my S-Corp return).  I think it would be silly for me to have to file this physically, as I paid TurboTax in part to be able to easily e-file.

I guess I will just keep tying every few days to see if it works....  I do not even know how to contact Turbo Tax support anymore, as their website just redirects you to the self help articles and forums.

you can contact turbotax support at [phone number removed].  Typical automated menu, with automated supported.  I had to say i needed more help and then it got me to a human.  Good luck.

edit:  I put the phone number in my reply and the system removed it.  This link should  display the number if it doesnt get removed.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/contact

There was an update to the software today, but my returns still got rejected.  This really needs to be fixed asap.

@JClay91 : Same here. Returns got rejected. Hoping there's a fix. I am not sure what kind of attachment is TT referring to?

IRS specifying below:

R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

When I go into TT to fix, it specifies below:

An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached

Data in the return is missing or invalid and cannot be electronically filed at this time. If Form 7206(s) are in the return, review the form(s) for accuracy and errors. If the form(s) is attached in error delete it and resubmit the return for electronic filing. If necessary, make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically. However, if the reject continues, file this return via U.S. Mail, print this federal return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.

I spent 40 min on the phone with tech support yesterday trying to resolve the issue.  They had me delete the 7206 (I had to remove all of the insurance to do it), close turbotax, open it and reload all of the data.  Took less than 15 min for IRS to reject it again, same error.  I  maintain there is an issue with the application but havent been able to convince anyone of that yet.  Plan to try tech support again tomorrow. 

@kb1937 :  I tried tech support. Was on phone with them for more than an hour.

1) Tried deleting and re-entering data for 7206

2) Tried uninstalling and installing the app.

3) Send them the token to debug

No success. Finally, I was informed that  "e-filing of 7206 is not supported" and my case was closed with status marked as "resolved"

I did inform tech support that users have claimed success on ttlc. I questioned the tech support - "Why was I charged state filing fee, if TT knew one of my form scannot be e-filed?".

TT needs to be transparent and treat this with priority.

I have e-filed more than once with self employed health insurance deductions.  Looking back, I guess Form 7206 is new this year?  Lobbied by Intuit in one way or another to make taxes even more complicated. It is obviously a coding error that they did not catch and have not fixed yet.

We paid for the ability to e-file using Turbo Tax and like you, already got charged $20 for the state e-file, which gets denied the second the federal one does.

I am about to send Intuit an invoice for the lost interest on my refund money that I am missing out on due to their negligence. 

I'm also seeing this get kicked out of efile.  Is there any timetable for when this will be fixed ?  I have had problems like this in the past with TurboTax, but always there was some recognition that there was a bug, and a timetable for resolution.  Anyone there ?  R0000-058-01.  Complains specifically about form 7206.

On another forum post, a user said that they were able to file the form on the Mac edition, so that is confirmation that it is indeed a Turbo Tax software issue and not on the government's end.

I used desktop TT Premium, rejected twice due to 7206 form problem. TT claims it has latest update, and 100% error free.

I have the same problem, but I don't seem to have a form 7206.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies