Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS just approved my federal tax return. Am I going to receive it by mail or are they going to deposit it to my account as it was my preliminary choice in first place?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

IRS just approved my federal tax return. Am I going to receive it by mail or are they going to deposit it to my account as it was my preliminary choice in first place?

What does it say with this tool at the IRS website?

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

It says "Your tax refund is scheduled to be mailed by June 26, 2019. If you do not receive the refund by July 24, 2019, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then."

imanhzarei wrote:

It says "Your tax refund is scheduled to be mailed by June 26, 2019. If you do not receive the refund by July 24, 2019, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then."

That would indicate the IRS intends to mail you a check.

If you chose direct deposit originally, here are the reasons from a FAQ on the IRS website that tells why one can end up with a mailed check instead:

• The IRS can only deposit refunds electronically into accounts in your own name, your spouse's name or in a joint account.
  • A financial institution may reject a direct deposit.
  • The IRS can’t deposit more than three electronic refunds into a single financial account.

The first 2 reasons are the most common.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies