Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jenny_91923
Returning Member

IRS Issues-Adjusting amounts in error

Every year I do my taxes through TurboTax Inuit. This year was the 1st time I had an issue with the IRS adjusting my refund. I paid for the protection plan if I am aduit3d and have issues with the IRS. Needless to say, this year the IRS adjusted my amount for my taxes about 5K. I contacted you guys advising you all what was going on. The rep told me you all was not able to assist me but I got a letter from IRS stating the amount was adjusted. TurboTax did not help so how can I be refunded for the product purchase due to no help from the company? The reason my amount was adjusted was not a careless mistake or incorrect information on my end. It was because the IRS rep who looked over my taxes to approve/deny/adjust didn't look at the return entirely. I did my taxes with you guys back in February 2022. I had to setup an appointment with IRS in April 2022. When I went into the IRS office in my area the lady said she sees where the IRS made the mistake of not reading and owed me the money. They made the mistake and not me. She corrected the errors on their end. Needless to say, 20 weeks later they were still trying to adjust and get me only $500 of the $5k they owed me. The reason they owed me the money was because I had a baby and never claimed her on my taxes. I allowed the grandmother claim her for 2020. I received the stimulus and child tax credit for her and also my college age child didn't received some type of credit. The person from the IRS who looked over my taxes didn't pay attention to to additional children/worksheet. As of right now, I have received a total of $4,500 still waiting on the other check for $502. I want to know how can I get my money back for the MAX protect because I was told no by more than 2 people. The plan says if there's an issue with the IRS we should notify you guys and you all handle it. In my case, I handled it myself and got it resolved. ***FYI: Many problems that people are facing with adjusted amounts from the IRS are negligence on their end. They are short staff. Many of us had our refund amounts adjusted this year. They should call the IRS go through their return line by line because IRS has made many mistakes this year. I am living proof that it was their fault and not mine. Again, I received almost all of my money besides $502(just waiting for my check in the mail says can take up to 2 to 3 weeks)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KarenL4
Employee Tax Expert

Hi, 

Unfortunately, we can't help you with that in this public forum. Please do contact TaxAudit Support at https://intuit.taxaudit.com/help/contact-us.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hchu
Expert Alumni

Hi Jenny,

I am so sorry you had an issue with the IRS.    This seems to be an issue on the IRS side, not Turbo Tax.  We do value your business.  This is the link to request a refund.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-request-a-refund-for-my-turbotax-product/...

Wishing you all the best.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jenny_91923
Returning Member

Thank you! I was told by a representative and supervisor that you guys would not be able to help me. Which I didn't understand but anyway I took matters in my own hands and got what was rightfully owed to me. I will reach out to request a refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies