Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dorty1

IP PIN Entry is VAGUE in the CD/DownLoad version of 2022

I am very SURPRISED to see that other Turbo Tax Users are having difficulty getting the IP PIN entered on the E-Filing Return Form.  The On-Line Help & In-Product help directs you to the Signature PIN.  I called the Turbo Tax Help-Line and the call responder acted like she did not know anything about the IP PIN.  She suggested that she wanted to get access to my system over the Internet & I refused.  I asked her how simple is the request to tell me how to enter/verify the 6-Digit PIN that the IRS assigns to each tax payer Every Year to help fight Fraud and misuse of tax submissions.  She told me to lower my voice, otherwise she would block my Turbo Tax Acct. from future assistance.  I was patient, but I did not want her to join my Turbo Tax session. Threating a customer immediately after you don't like their response is poor customer service.  I continue to pay the Home & Business fees every year (over 20) & I don't deserve the disrespect.  I was a Technology Sales Professional for over 45 years & I would never pull the Cancel-Card after a polite exchange with a customer. (Turbo Tax Staff...  Listen to the recording and please verify that I was not raising my voice).

She excused herself for 2-4 minutes & returned to my call, requesting me to Search for IP-PIN, then corrected herself stating IP_PIN (Space in-between IP & PIN).  It appears that she DID NOT know the difference of the Search Codes until she doubled-checked the notes from her fellow Turbo Tax Help Desk associates(s). She most-likely called an associate & that person gave her the answer RIGHT AWAY.  My original call-taker must have been busy texting on her phone when the Training Session covered the IRS PIN Entry.  Needless to say, that was what I was looking for and it's disappointing for me as a 20+ Year Turbo Tax User, to get the poor-response from the Help Desk.  Once I got to the 6-Digit Entry Screen, I requested to end-the-call.  Of course, I immediately enter the 2x PINS (Joint-Return) and I expect to get a valid submission later tonight/tomorrow.  (April 13th or 14th).  Not impressed with the Help Line Staff ....

In Short... Future versions need a specific-link to enter the 6-Digit IRS-assigned PIN.  Hopefully the Help Desk Mgt. can fix the attitude of my specific Help Desk Operator.  An apology sent to my EMail or Cell Phone would be helpful for me not to look at other On-line solutions for my 2023 tax return next year.

Feel free to reach-out to me via EMail or Cell Phone.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies