Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hawker57

Iowa Tax form submission error

Am trying to transmit Iowa tax forms and get an error "too many characters" in the Iowa Information Worksheet.

There are no characters in the highlighted section.  I have tried to delete and backspace in the section but nothing is there.  I have tried to correct in the Error mode of step-by-Step and have gone to the specific form, but there is nothing to change.  Turbo Tax says there is 5 errors.  It won't go past this one, but I assume the others are similar.  I have tried searching errors in the form mode but it doesn't identify any.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Hawker57

Solution.  Although the error step brings up the Iowa Information Worksheet, the problem is in the 1099-DIV sheets.  Got to forms and open each 1099-DIV to check Payer name.  Turbo Tax allows a long description for Payer, but will create this error if the name is longer than about 29 characters.  Use abbreviations when identifying payers, especially mutual fund names.

Thank You so very much -- this solved me issue completely.....  well done and much obliged

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies