Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rbolanow

Intuit Programming Error Home & Business Sch C, Line27B Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction Attach form 7205

Am unable to EFile my federal return due to a supposed error on Schedule C line 27 B.

I have a "0" in the box . The error message also says form 7205 is required for a deduction but Turbo Tax doesn't support this form.

However, I am not claiming a deduction so no supporting form should be required. What am I missing here?

Why is Turbo Tax blocking my EFiling?

When I phoned support at [phone number removed] and asked how to file a complaint I was disconneted and blocked. Some customer service

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Intuit Programming Error Home & Business Sch C, Line27B Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction Attach form 7205

You've entered a zero into the "Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings" box at the bottom of "All Other Expenses" in schedule C.  That box needs to be blank.  The system reads any entry as an attempt to get the credit.  Delete the zero and you should be good to go.

@rbolanow 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Solved:

I am using TurboTax Home and Business 2023 on a Mac

To solve this, I went to Business Expenses, the page where you enter in Advertising, Business Travel, etc. A little bit down on that list you will find "Energy Efficient Buildings". Select Update and delete the 0 amount. 

This is done in the "step by step" view of Turbo Tax, NOT in the Forms view.

This worked for me and I was able to e-file the Federal return.

Thank you.  Your advice worked.  This is a bug.  The 0. is auto-populated.  It was very frustrating.  This plus another issue is preventing me from transmitting my forms.  I have never had these kinds of problems in the many decades I have used TurboTax (MacInTax).  

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You fixed it and was able to file.  Talk about an obscure error.  This is a Turbo Tax programming error in my opinion.

This was the answer I was looking for - thank you!

Step-through does not make it clear to make sure that cell is empty if you are not using it and the 0 caused me issues as well!

TSmith00

I do not see the "Energy Efficient Buildings" in my list. However when trying to file it says that I have claimed it. Is there another way to access this to remove the 0? I have searched all day and I am having no luck at all.

Which version of Turbo Tax are you using? Did you locate the business expenses page that lists "Advertising, Business Travel, Commissions, Communications, Contract Labor, Energy Efficient Buildings, etc etc Meals, Office Expenses, etc etc"

Also, you can try closing TurboTax, then restarting it and installing the latest updates. The issue may have been fixed.

djkmann's post saved me too.  And completely agree TurboTax automatically this year put the 'zero' error in the Sch C.  It's a self-inflicted error on Intuit.  I've also been using TurboTax for more years than I can recall and have never had an issue.  They need to improve their coding.  I use the Windows version.

I am having the same problem and tried to remove the zero from extra expenses but the form continues to look for a yes or no in line 9 163.j.  It cannot be blank.  When I tried to remove it in the questions are of Other expenses, and used the Update choice (only one), I could not get rid of the zero.

Help please asap.

Thank you.

The directions supplied by djkmann at the very top of this Turbo Tax issue did the trick for me.  You have to use the step by step system or in other words don't go to the line in the forms view.  Turbo Tax for some reason is automatically putting a "0" on that line which causes it to say you can't file electronically as any 'energy efficient' deductions have to be claimed by mail on a form Turbo Tax doesn't support.  Why a 'zero' would cause this is on Turbo Tax programmers.

59_51-ep

Thanks, your answer was the Solution. I was going around in circles trying to figure this out.

Thank u !!!! This worked. Delete the darn "0"

Hopefully TT makes this easier to find/navigate. 3 hrs of my life gone trying to figure out how to make a 0 go away. 

Your step by step was very helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies