Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I have been having to fill injoredspouse for many years and it takes any ware from 11 to 21 weeks for them to process your tax return .

I would usually call the irs after the 12 week to check on my return but with all the shutdowns u cant call any one. 

Yes I got the two letters to on to my husband and one to me and him stating that. The stemules mony was taken for back chilled support. 

But jet when u go to the where's my payment   ot tell me that it was deposeted in my account on the 15th but not there. 

It would be nice. If there was a phone number to call and take

K to a person

This is totally insane! I’ve been waiting for my stimulus but reading what everyone is saying I shouldn’t hold my breath. I filed injured spouse and still have yet to receive my refund. No stimulus either. I have a date for the 30th for the stimulus. We HAVE the child and have had him since he was 3. The mother got state assistance for 2 years so now we my other 2 children get their money taken for the state? This is crazy! And we’re being told not to file another injured spouse payment. Guarantee if they take it it’ll take MONTHS to a year to get it back even though it’s owed. Ugh!

As sad as it is, I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this! My husband owes back child support which he pays monthly for his daughter that is grown now. He was never allowed to see her until she turned 18 because his ex wife was (to put it mildly) something else. I file injured spouse every year to prevent child support from getting their grubby little hands on mine and our son's refund. It is appalling and in justice that the IRS has allowed this. The fact that you can't speak to someone about it is ridiculous. I even took this to Twitter and no one cared. All I received was ignorant people calling my husband names. Didn't you people ever hear of the term don't throw stones in glass houses? Us injured spouses and our children should not have to suffer because our spouses owe child support for children that are not ours. This money was supposed to help all of us and the garnishment should not have even taken place. Shame on the government! I was beginning to like Trump and now I think he's nothing more than the dirt on my feet. 

Drie
Level 4

@Mdavila25  I agree with you dear I feel better knowing there is hope we will get our monies back. The government should be ashamed of theirselves. Child support only cares about the children that mothers asks for help on to be able to benefit from them. How they benefit is the children that are on support they receive a dollar amount each time support is paid and the rest goes to the children. Women are so blinded your better off working an agreement yourself🤷🏽‍♀️

I agree with you there! Child Support is a crooked system! Shame on them. I just still can't believe this happened and no one will tell us how long it'll take to get the money back. That's the part that makes me so angry.
Drie
Level 4

@Mdavila25  From what I know they are saying 8 weeks from when he deposited the checks into the affected injured spouses accounts. I am hopeful to get it back just flustered that they still haven’t even processed my income tax yet. So, I am hoping they will do it all at once sis the first part wasn’t done yet. Or, we may still have to wait since they process everything like the stone ages🤷🏽‍♀️

I am in the exact same boat. I file injured spouse every year. And they screwed me last year Nd now this year. I have to submit a letter and copies of my taxes to CSEA. Why do I file injured for then? Jus to have to do more paperwork to receive my money after I waited a month longer then everyone else.. they better get this fixed. I cant wait much longer for my stae taxes and my stimulus..

I completely understand your frustration. I myself had to file injured spouse. I have a federal refund date for this week to get that back. I also am waiting for my state and stimulus to be given back to me. It takes time but we all are to get our halves back to us. They are calling people back to work that are employed with the IRS so that should help some. I know it's not what anyone wants to hear but we are all affected by what is happening. 

8 weeks so far too long. My 2019 return hasn't been processed either. Awful.

I know how you feel. It's absurd. People were getting angry with me for feeling resentment towards my husbands ex-wife but if they were in my shoes, they would feel the same way. At least she got her money. I'll be waiting until Jesus comes back to get mine. Unless the witch decides to keep it.

I agree my stimulus says 1200 deposited and my husbands says 1200 deposit as well but we recieved 1 letter stating 1200 was given to attorney general.  Arent we missing another 1200...please help I filed injured spouse form 

I'm confused did you get other half

Nope my entire stimulus went to Ohio child support. I understand my husband's but why mine and my son's.

If sending in a 2nd 8379 to get the injured spouses part of the covid-19 payment would confuse the IRS then why is that exacty what were all being told to do. Every single government person in CT that actually answers the phone or email say to submit an additional 8379 but can't tell you how or to who or where to send it . Very frustrating expecially when you need the  money ASAP 

Drie
Level 4

@Slipkotter We will not receive our money a.s.a.p so we can get that from our thoughts. I am not submitting another one there is no where to send it even if we tried they are not taking paper forms. And, the IRS site said to not submit another one. I hope that helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies