Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MowAlon

Inflation Reduction Act rebates & TurboTax desktop: Where to enter info about heat pump?

Turbotax is aware of the new rebates available through the Inflation Reduction Act for home energy efficient improvements (for example, the rebate for an electric heat pump, exterior doors, etc). I qualify for some of these rebates. However, I've been unable to get my TurboTax Premier (desktop) software to recognize these rebates. I've entered my information in the "Home Energy Credits" section, and it applies this information to form 5695, but it does not apply the information to the section of that form that would apply the new rebates from the Inflation Reduction Act. Instead, it only recognizes the traditional Home Energy rebates that have been available for years and which max out at $500.

Is this a bug in the software? Should I expect an update in the near future to apply these rebates properly? What is the solution so I can get these rebates?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Inflation Reduction Act rebates & TurboTax desktop: Where to enter info about heat pump?

No, there's not an issue with the software -- the updates just aren't complete yet.

Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits, the form on which home-related energy costs would be claimed for tax year 2023, hasn't yet been finalized in TurboTax.

The form is tentatively scheduled for use on February 7th, 2024.  You can check for any updates in TurboTax's Tax form availability app.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies