Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Infamous Form 8936 now missing for Tax Year 2023

After research, it seems like this form is late year after year. The lack of this form impacts multiple thousands of TT customers. If you call in, they blame it on the IRS. I have confirmed directly through our Federal Senator Angus King’s office that this is not the case. I have also verified directly through the IRS site that this form has been available. 

The primary definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. By this definition, Intuit Turbo Tax is insane because they keep doing this year after year. They are not accountable nor responsible in selling a product that is incomplete. I requested a refund, but have not seen it yet. In the meantime, they stand in the way of my receiving a $15,000 refund. Shame on them not caring enough to resolve this year after year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

It takes some time to incorporate IRS forms into TurboTax. While they may be available from the IRS on a given date, we need a few days to make the forms available for use in TurboTax.

Form 8936 Clean Vehicle credit will be available on 02/21/2024.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Firstly, February 21 is more than a “few days”, it is nearly a month. Secondly, it was originally January 31 and was pushed to February 21. Thirdly, the same scenario happened in a previous tax year and you pushed the date forward FOUR TIMES! Finally, you are also late with my state 1040 which is now due to be ready on January 31. You have me tied up in knots waiting for a substantial refund without any incentive to get Form 8936 resolved promptly. I don’t see even the slightest bit of urgency with anything you do.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies