Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xusarmy
Returning Member

Incorrect information about E-Filing a 1040-X in Community support forum.

To whom it may concern,

You have a topic relating to an Amended Tax return as it relates to E-Filing.

TurboTax link that needs to be corrected: https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/e-[product key removed]-retur...

IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040x

E-Filing an amended tax return (1040-X) has been a thing since 2019, so why is TurboTax saying 2022?

One other thing I would like to bring up is the ability to E-Debit (Pay the IRS) for a prior tax year.  Why is there a restricted range for an E-debit transaction to pay the IRS for an amended tax return for 2021?

• The first person I talked to at 3:07pm CST on 2/25/2023 was trying to transfer me and dropped my call and did not call me back.  After waiting a few minutes to give her time to call me back, I knew that time would never come.  I had to call back in and get back in line to wait another 30+ minutes to talk to someone to help resolve my issue.
  • My original issue is not being able to pay by E-debit to the IRS for a amended return for 2021.  And the reason is because your website has restricted the time frame for allowing me to pay the IRS what I owe them.  Please review the picture attached in this email on the following questions.

1. Why am I restricted to a date range of 1/24/2022 and 4/18/2022 when Im trying to pay the IRS on a 2021 amended tax return????
  2. Why are you allowing me to even get to this webpage to pay by E-debit if you already know Im not allowed to do it???
  3. Why are you relying on a customer to figure out a date of when the bank is open.....(E-debit can be done anytime 24/7)????
  4. In the picture at the top of the webpage next to Amendment in Progress it says I owe $2,202, but in the body of the E-Debit it says I only owe $325.  After having to write everything out on paper I came to the conclusion that because I received a REFUND, this was the discrepancy.  I wish when I got to this section, it would of explained what I really owed was $2,202.

• In conclusion, you can only use E-Debit for the CURRENT tax year in order to pay the IRS what is owed.  WHY??????  This is the 21st century, and I dont use checks any more, and I dont have any checks.  I want to pay what I owe through E-Debit.  You should also work to a resolution of your issue instead of putting that on your customer to figure out.  If that is the case, I will move on to another tax provider that can handle something as simple as an E-Debit transaction.
  • Why must you make the CUSTOMER figure out when a Bank is open, and for E-Debit?  
  • Why does the bank have to be open to accept an E-Debit transaction???  Doesnt that sound ridiculous?  
  • How would you like it if you shopped on Walmart or Amazon website and they wanted you to figure out when the bank was open???  Sound stupid, yup it is.

2023-02-25_17-33-34.jpg

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies